Top Safety Pick+ rating based on a "Good" in the 31 mph side-impact crash test, 40 mph moderate overlap frontal crash test, 20 mph rear-impact test, roof strength testing, a Good or Acceptable 40 mph small overlap frontal crash test, and an advanced or superior rating for front crash prevention performed by the IIHS. For details, visit www.iihs.org
*Available on Sport 2.0T Ultimate only.
*Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) is designed to detect vehicles whose taillights are directly in front of the Santa Fe Sport. AEB will not detect objects other than cars. AEB initiates full braking at speeds between 5 and 50 mph. AEB is not a substitute for safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
Listed below are the conditions referenced in the Owner’s Manual where the system may not detect a pedestrian:
· The pedestrian is not fully captured by the camera sensor, or the pedestrian does not walk in the upright position
· The pedestrian moves very fast
· The pedestrian abruptly appears in front
· The pedestrian wears clothes in the color similar to the background
· The outside is too bright or too dark
· The vehicle drives at night or in the darkness
· There is an item similar to a person’s body structure
· The pedestrian is small
· The pedestrian has impaired mobility
· It is difficult to distinguish the pedestrian from the surroundings
· The sensor recognition is limited
· There is a group of pedestrians