*The Smart Liftgate will open when the smart key is within 40 inches of the detection area for at least 3 seconds. Radio transmitters and other vehicle smart keys may interfere in normal operation of the feature. Please consult Owner’s Manual for further details. Make sure you close the liftgate before driving.
Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection detects pedestrians, but not in all conditions. The system initiates full braking at speeds between 5-28 mph when a pedestrian is standing, or from 5-43 mph when a pedestrian is moving. AEB is not a substitute for safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
Claim based on comparison of specifications on manufacturer websites.
Listed below are the conditions referenced in the Owner’s Manual where the system may not detect a pedestrian:
· The pedestrian is not fully captured by the camera sensor, or the pedestrian does not walk in the upright position
· The pedestrian moves very fast
· The pedestrian abruptly appears in front
· The pedestrian wears clothes in the color similar to the background
· The outside is too bright or too dark
· The vehicle drives at night or in the darkness
· There is an item similar to a person’s body structure
· The pedestrian is small
· The pedestrian has impaired mobility
· It is difficult to distinguish the pedestrian from the surroundings
· The sensor recognition is limited
· There is a group of pedestrians
is compatible with Android phones running Android Lollipop and newer. Android Auto may not be available on all devices and is not available in all countries or regions. Additional apps may be required. Android, Android Auto, Google, Google Maps and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.