10550 Talbert Avenue
P.O. Box 20839
Fountain Valley, CA 92728-9937
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
Dear Hyundai [Model] Owner:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Hyundai has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain [RANGE] model year Hyundai [model]s that were produced during the period beginning on [BEGINNING DATE] through [ENDING DATE]. Our records indicate that your vehicle falls within this production date range.
What is the problem?
- An investigation by Hyundai has determined that the stop lamp switch in the affected vehicles may intermittently malfunction. A stop lamp switch malfunction may result in intermittent operation of the push-button start feature, intermittent ability to remove the vehicle’s shifter from the Park position, illumination of the “ESC” (Electronic Stability Control) indicator lamp in the instrument cluster, intermittent interference with operation of the cruise control feature, and may also cause the brake lights to not illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed. Intermittent operation of the stop lamps could increase the risk of a crash. A malfunction of the stop lamp switch does not affect the performance of the vehicle’s braking system.
What will Hyundai do?
- Your Hyundai dealer will replace your vehicle’s stop lamp switch. This procedure will be performed at no charge to you.
- The actual time required to perform the procedure will take approximately 1 hour, however your vehicle may be needed longer depending on the dealer’s schedule; therefore, we recommend scheduling a service appointment to minimize inconvenience.
- There may be a delay when making your appointment due to service parts availability. We appreciate your patience.
What should you do?
***Appointment instructions for website revised 08/2014***
- For more information regarding this Recall Campaign, including a link to make a service appointment, please visit: www.HyundaiUSA.com/Campaign110